What this Course Offers
This course serves as a survival guide for a world full of security flaws and
The course is for Node,js developers looking to improve and secure their
applications. The course is full of handy code snippets, illustrations, and
You will begin by
- securing user input and learning how that input can open you up to SQL
- Most importantly, you will learn to protect yourself and your users against
- Then, you will learn about some fundamental protocols and algorithms, such as
HTTPS, SSL, and SHA. Implementing HTTPS is a stepping-stone to creating
secure web applications.
- Then, the course discusses passwords and hashes.
- You will explore
- hashing algorithms,
- password attacks, and
- protecting your application against such attacks.
- You will then move to authentication and access control. This will allow you
to implement user roles and prevent unauthorized access to secure web pages.
- Finally, you will explore XSS and CSRF and how they can be mitigated.